Wednesday, October 8

We Heart This Book

While busting through the maze that is Borders at Columbus Circle last night, something made me stop short. Then laugh my ass off. Then quickly slink away, as I was surrounded by strangers, and uppity ones on the Upper West Side at that.

The reason for my distraction/inspiration? Third Term: Why George W. Bush (Hearts) John McCain. The book was released in in September, and features some of the best back-cover art I've seen in awhile: Everyone's favorite choking-on-a-pretzel-while-watching-football good-ol'-boy President embracing the mortgage-buying, "my friends"-chanting, former "maverick" again and again. So sweet! But my favorite part is the fact that McCain can rest his head so perfectly on Bushie's shoulder, like they're on a date in a '60s TV show.

James Carville says: "If you're one of the 20 percent of Americans who love George W. Bush, you'll love John McCain. If you're one of the 80 percent of Americans who don't love President Bush, you'll love this book."

1 comment:

cmhudson said...

Cheers to Jimmy C - he knows a good Bush Bashing book!
The head in shoulder hug reminds me of Bellward!